Why the ICRC?
The ICRC is entitled to a full inheritance-tax exemption in most Swiss cantons. This is also the case in Germany, France and the United States. To find out about other countries, or for any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The ICRC strives to:
- meet people’s basic needs by providing water, food and shelter;
- provide emergency medical care and restore health-care services;
- ensure that civilians are spared and protected;
- assist families who are separated by circumstances;
- visit and protect people deprived of their liberty;
- promote and develop international humanitarian law.