Any type of property can be bequeathed or donated to the ICRC.
WHAT CAN I BEQUEATH TO THE ICRC IN MY WILL?
- Money: this is what most people choose to bequeath.
- Gifts in kind: real estate, jewels, works of art, furniture, collections, etc.
- Securities: shares, bonds, etc.
- Other assets: patents, royalties, etc.
What kind of bequest should I choose?
- Specific bequest: You bequeath one or more specific items. It is important to specifically mention the item(s) bequeathed to the ICRC.
- Residuary bequest: In the absence of a rightful heir, you can bequeath to the ICRC your entire estate after settlement of costs and any specific bequests.
- Reversionary bequest: You leave what is left of your estate to the ICRC in the event that the original beneficiary dies, after settlement of the part of the estate that goes to the rightful heir, of all costs and of any other bequests.
The ICRC is exempt from taxation on bequests in most Swiss Cantons.
In the United States, Germany and France there are also tax exemptions. Please contact us for more information on +41 22 730 33 76.